June 24, 2008

First Letter

Well, I made it. Everyone was saying that the first few days were the worst and that it would get better after Sunday. So far, that's true. It's really crazy here right now, and not just because of the first week. There is a Mission President seminar going on for the new Presidents, so all of the Quorum of the Twelve and all of the First Presidency are here. Rumor has it that Elder Hales will be speaking at the devotional tonight. Very exciting.

I got to meet my new Mission President. He seems like a lot of fun.

My companion is Elder Roy from Shelley, Idaho. He's fun, enjoys himself a lot here.

When I got here on the first day, it was very confusing. They had put Elder Roy and myself in a room with a couple missionaries learning Russian. Russian and Spanish, strange combination, huh? We all suspect that the Russians will be moving this week, we'll see. Our zone is getting another new district this week. That's two in as many weeks, that's a lot of new missionaries.

I got some CDs of the Himnos (Hymns in Spanish). Unfortunately, they don't always agree with my CD player. In fact, they usually disagree in every way.

Other than that, everything's going fine. We've pretty much caught up to the ten years of Spanish that I had already. It's a lot really fast. Elder Roy is learning particularly fast. I'm very impressed and proud of him.

I'm doing the MTC Choir. So far it's pretty fun, even though I've only been to one rehearsal and we sing at the devotional tonight. It's a very fun arrangement of "Joseph Smith's First Prayer." We're allowed to record at the rehearsal, so I'll probably send recordings of the choir.

Thanks to everyone who has sent me letters. I've gotten five already. I really appreciate it. Probably the easiest way to get letters to me while I'm at the MTC is through DearElder.com.

Thanks for all your support, and I'll do my best to get on every week to keep you all updated.

Elder Budge