September 29, 2008

Time Just Keeps Rolling Along

Well, here it is, another week. It's Transfers this week, too. I'm pretty sure I'm not getting transfered. At least, I haven't heard anything about getting moved. I've only been in the field for one transfer and I already have cracks in the bottoms of my shoes. It's not too bad because it doesn't really rain. Except for yesterday. It rained a lot yesterday. So, I came home with wet feet. Hopefully my shoes will be dry by the time I head out today.

So, it's been about seven weeks since I've had a haircut. I was going to get one today, but there was a surprise (for me) birthday party for our district leader. I had no idea that it was going to happen. Then I had no idea that the whole Zone was going to be there. So, that was an adventure. But the point of this parragraph was that my hair is approaching Derek Zoolander-like altitudes.

Not too much else to tell other than we have a family that's going to be baptized. There's a husband and wife and four children, all under 12. The children, not the parents. The dad, Favian, was smoking 40 cigarettes a day and then just stopped cold turkey. Then he stopped us on the street and said that he wanted our help. The family had a baptismal date for the 11th, but they were stopped in coming to Church this week because of visitors. When we went by to pick them up the kids were all dressed and ready for Church. So, we'll have to tell them that they'll have to be baptized on the 18th instead now.

The Argentina factoid of the week: Tile, it's everywhere. The only buildings/rooms that I have seen that are not tile or dirt (ie carpeted) are in the chapels of the Church buildings. But only of our buildings. I haven't been in any of the others.

For those concerned, I recieved two letters from two people at the last Zone Conference. I have written to both of you but for various reasons (time and financial) have not been able to send the letters. Please be patient. Thank you.

Until next week,
Elder Budge

No comments: