October 13, 2008

Weirdest Tan Ever

Hello again. Is it as rainy there as it is here? It would seem that I got sent to the rainiest area in the Mission. Wouldn’t be bad if I didn’t have holes in the bottoms of my shoes. Oh well, I live.

Sadly, there’s not too much to tell this week. It’s Zone Conference this week, so that means mail for me. I hope. My district leader brought some mail back with him last week and I got some then, but I only got a political ad and not my absentee ballot. :S Oh well, what can you do?

So, I have developed a missionary tan. It’s a really bad one too. Especially since it gets weird at my hands. My thumbs and side of my pointer fingers are tan, but the rest of my fingers are not. This is a result of carrying a scripture case full of pamphlets and a Book of Mormon. It looks really weird. I tried taking a picture, but with the flash, you couldn’t see the tan. Pretty much I’m still very pale, but now I’m pale that goes to vampirical pale once the sleves/shirt starts.

We had FIVE investigators at Church yesterday! Huzzah! The Familia Castro and the mom from the Familia Ladesma. It was great. Then after Church we broke our fast at the home of the Ladesmas. They fed us an asado. Then we watched “The Restoration” with them in glorious 5.1 surround sound. Everybody had a great time. I don’t know if I’ve said anything about them before. They are about the perfect family. The parents are 27 and 26. They have two daughters, ages 8 and 2. The 8-year-old reminds me very much of my sister, Kelly, when she was that age. There is more love in that family than I have seen in most other families. They don’t drink, they don’t smoke. They have some coffee mugs that say “Hot Chocolate Drink Cocoa”. Except they do drink coffee. We haven’t talked about the Word of Wisdom with them yet. It’s hard to teach them the lessons because they always have so many questions.

And now, to theArgentina Asado Amazingness Amplitude Abliteration. Maybe I should give up on the alliteration. Anyway, it’s time for the Argentina moment. Today’s topic is Asado. If countries had a national food, Argentina’s would be asado. It’s basically just a lot of meat cooked over coals. And it’s a LOT of meat. And churizo(sausage) and often morcilla(I’m not sure how to spell it, but it’s blood sausage). But it’s very good. Lots of missionaries who serve in Argentina go home and build asado pits. That is an essential part of an Argentine house. The asado pit. Can’t be Argentine if you don’t eat asado.

Well, that’s all for this week. So long.

Elder Budge

No comments: