November 9, 2009

Another Week

Hellos!

So, not too much went on this week. We did divisions twice. First I went out to 3 Porteñas, a little town in the middle of nothing. I’ve gone out there once before and the stars at night are amazing. Then I went to San Martín. It’s kinda fun going back to my old area on divisions. It’s weird, though, every time I come out here I show the Zone leaders how to get somewhere.

We are teaching a kid named Nico, and he has a firm baptism date for next Saturday! Woohoo! We’re also teaching a bunch of other people, but they’re not progressing as fast. We met an old couple this week, they were amazing. Unfortunately they are going to Merlo, San Luis for two months, so we can’t teach them. But they have (and love reading) the Book of Mormon. So, hopefully they’ll study and want to be baptized when they come back.

One of our Zone Leaders has come up with a new plan. He calls it the “Hakunna Mattatta Plan.” It is basically stressing the importance of relaxing and just doing what you need to without worrying about the outcome. We had a really interesting discussion about it on divisions. He also really likes that you can find the Plan of Salvation and a bunch of other doctrines in Walt Disney movies.

Mom, I’ve found a couple BoM verses good for Christmassy cardies. One is actually from Isaiah:

2 Ne 19:6-7
6 For unto us a achild is born, unto us a son is given; and the bgovernment shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The cMighty God, The dEverlasting Father, The Prince of ePeace.
7 Of the increase of agovernment and peace bthere is no end, upon the throne of cDavid, and upon his kingdom to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth, even forever. The zeal of the Lord of Hosts will perform this.

The other is more BoM specific:

3 Ne 1:13-14
13 Lift up your head and be of good cheer; for behold, the time is at hand, and on this night shall the a sign be given, and on the morrow come I into the world, to show unto the world that I will fulfill all that which I have caused to be spoken by the mouth of my holy prophets.
14 Behold, I come unto my own, to fulfill all things which I have made known unto the children of men from the foundation of the world, and to do the will, both of the Father and of the Son—of the Father because of me, and of the Son because of my flesh. And behold, the time is at hand, and this night shall the sign be given.

Hope you like them.

As for BYU Jerusalem Center, I would love to apply. I’d need to ask President if I could get the forms and stuff on the computer on P-day, but I’m sure he’d say yes. Or have me do it at the offices. He just helped a Chilean Elder with his BYU application. I’ll ask him next week. (I already sent off my email to him for this week.)

That’s really all I’ve got for this week. Oh! I bought new shoes today. My last ones were dying. They lasted 6 months, though. A new record. I bought the same brand. They should be my last ones. I also got a nice pair of moccasins. This is what I decided to spen Grandma and Grandpa Sorensen’s Christmas money on. So, I’ll let them know how I spent it in my thank-you letter.

Love,
Will

No comments: