November 2, 2009

Officially Legal!

Howdys!

Everything here is going pretty well. And... I've forgotten what I was going to say today. Hmmm...

This last week was good. There was Zone Conference, and that was really good. We worked a lot even with that distraction.

It's really annoying to me that people just blow us off in the street. Also that they blow us off at all. But, whatever, they have their agency.

Yeah, that animal thing, it's way too small to be a Capybarra, see the people in the background? Sure looks like one, though. I wonder if it maybe isn't some sort of pygmy. Pygmy. I like that word, no vowels.

So, today we came into Mendoza to look for our Argentine documents. My comp's wasn't here, but mine was! Woohoo! I am now officially, completely legal here. Fun stuff. My thumb's still all black, though. I didn't get a chance to wash it yet.

We ate lunch at an all-you-can-eat place called Las Tinajas. It was really good and pretty cheap, considering. 34 pesos, less than ten dollars.

Now I'm sitting in one of the two Subways in Mendoza. It is really interesting to me that the Subways here are also Cybers. Internet, foot-long sandwiches, together. Wow. But I'm too full to get a sandwich. Oh well.

Something I was going to tell you all a few weeks ago, but forgot. Remember that Mormon girl from Dancing with the Stars? The one who always got the crappy partners, and that's why we thought she stopped? Well, her cousin is in my district. Elder Bodily. He was in High School Musical 2. He told me that the real reason that she stopped was because she got pregnant. He also told me that he met Master P on that visit to Salt Lake he made that was on the show. Fun, huh?

And, to finish on a somewhat spiritual note, ahem...

So, this week there has been lots of talk (testimony meeting) about depression and sadness. It is really just being distracted. If you feel depressed, it is because you are so distracted by the small, not pleasant things that you have lost sight of the good stuff. When you start feeling down, remember D&C 6:36. It should help.

Love,
Will

No comments: