January 18, 2010

Chivos!!!

Hello again!

Well, it’s been quite the week here in Malargüe. We started off by going to the Chivo festival for P-day. I’m including some pictures. (If you hover the mouse over the pic you’ll find a lovely caption describing the picture) There was some fun dance competition going on. We got to see some Malambo and some Samba. It was very fun to watch some gauchos (or at least people dressed like gauchos) dance. Then we went and ate a chivo. Goat is actually rather good, but if I had to eat it every day I’d get sick of it really fast. It’s very greasy. It was one of the better P-days I’ve had. Sunday was the world record breaking chivo cook-off. They roasted 1011 goats at the same time. We stopped by to take pictures on the way to lunch. I would love to come back some day to go to the whole festival, especially since pretty much everything happens between 9PM and 5AM.

Not too much else going on. We had some investigators at Church, which is very exciting. It’s very pretty in Malargüe, and I’m getting some nice landscapes. Very interesting cloud formations, too.

Still no Jerusalem application available, but all I have left for my BYU reapplication is the ecclesiastical endorsement. Perhaps instead of emailing, I could fax. That may be easier from this side, I’m not sure. I’ll see what I can do once the thing actually becomes available.

Well, that’s all for this week.

Love,
Will




No comments: