January 19, 2009

Special Transfers!

Hello again!

Some news. On Wednesday morning we received a call from the President. Elder Sime’s mother had sent an email saying that he had to be home on Friday because he had two exams to take on Monday. Prez said that he had to be in Mendoza on Thursday with all his stuff. Then the phone got passed to me. I had to go with all my stuff too. “Oh. Okay President.” So, for now, Rawson, Boulevard, and Progreso are closed. Probably to be opened at transfers.

In related news (you’ll see why), Elder Neibaur’s mother took a turn for the worse and he got sent home with three months left. I got sent as his replacement in Estanzuela. Estanzuela is the name of a neighborhood/ward in Godoy Cruz, Mendoza. So now I have been in areas in all three of the provinces in the Mission. Something that not very missionaries get to do.

My new companion is another Latin, Elder Gonzalez from Chile. Our area is by far the smallest area I’ve had yet, but it has the highest Church attendance. Go figure. It is also the only one of my areas that doesn’t touch Cordoba. Related? Maybe…

We have a McDonalds in my area, and apparently the Hipermercado sells Newman’s Own dressings. A little taste of home.

Almost all of the apartments in the mission are populated by one missionary companionship. There are a few exceptions, but not many. We pay the bills, but are reembursed by the office, so the Mission pays. We generally have lunch with members, but when we don’t we make our own stuff/be lazy and order pizza or empanadas or something. More of the making our own . . . pizza gets expensive. Having a native Spanish-speaker as a companion is a very good thing. It makes me improve in the language. It’s not that different, though.

Sorry this is pretty short, but I really don’t have that much else to say. You know how talkative we are in the family. Well, with the exception of Kelly.

So, until next week.

Love,
Will

No comments: