January 6, 2009

Sun, Sun, Sun

Hello again!

The sun is very strong here. I’ve got a nice peeling burn on the back of my neck from playing soccer last P-day. And then the whole zone (well, almost) got together this morning to play.

I did get a letter from the Bishop family yesterday. Feel free to tell them that I appreciate the thought and like the pictures.

New Years was interesting. We invited the Elders from Centro (our district leader) over to celebrate and spend the night. He didn’t want to. He felt kinda sick and no doubt was afraid of getting lost. But we went and bought a small little firework to celebrate. Nobody got hurt. Although we did have a neighbor who was throwing rather bomb-like firecrackers at passersby yelling “Happy new year!” For about an hour before the festivities (midnight) we were busy fighting off a dog that wanted very badly to get into the apartment. It just kept coming and coming. We brought out a squeegee to push it back, but it wouldn’t go. Finally it spotted another family going into their apartment and decided to try there.

I’m still getting to know the new area. I now feel the pain of the missionaries who come into a new area where we live. At least here everything is on a grid.

Not much else to report. I’ll write again next week.

Love,
Will