January 26, 2009

Internet went out in all the Cibers, so from a member's house. Shhh...

Hellos again.

I found it interesting that both Mom and Kelly closed their e-mails with apologies about rambling. I guess we’re just a rambling family. (Flashes of the Muppet Show with Steve Martin fly through my head.) I also found Dad’s comment on how Kelly looked so grown up [in her school's musical] interesting. Everybody who looks at my pictures thinks that 1) Paul is me. 2) Kelly is in her 20s. Weird.

Anyways, news of the week. There isn’t much. I wish that people would leave me alone about Obama, though. 1) It’s a breach of protocol for me to talk about politics. 2) I am here with no way of knowing what’s giong on. I, therefore, have no opinions about Obama so far. 3) This seems to be a week of lists. All I know about Obama is what the Argentines tell me, and I really don’t trust their sources. But it would seem that Obama has shut down Guantanamo Bay. Again, no opinions because I have absolutely no info. So, don’t ask me about it. Next question.

Hmm... I’m sitting here across from a Santeria. Maybe I’ll come home with a Gauchito Gil... I’m not sure what he is. A gaucho. I think that people think he’s a Saint. I don’t think he qualifies. But he’s a kinda cool looking gaucho.

I’ve decided that my area, geographically, is a lot like Provo. We’re up in the foothills of the cordillera. Sometimes I can see a peak with snow. But the area is entirely hills, and thus more difficult to walk all around than my other areas.

I get the suspicion that I will be back in San Juan next transfer, though. It would seem as, maybe, senior comp.

Godoy Cruz is a city in the greater Mendoza area. Kinda like the difference between Pentagon and Crystal Cities. But with more people. And suburbish neighborhoods.

That’s about it for now.

Until next week,

Will

No comments: