February 3, 2009

More Winter? But it's summer...

Happy Groundhog Day!

I actually had completely forgot that that was today, it being summer and all, until I saw a couple of dogs driving a car and started thinking about the movie with Bill Murray. How’d that turn out by the way? Six more weeks of winter, right?

I don’t really know what to say. My mind just went completely blank. So, I shall talk on street signs. In the United States there are those “Slow Children at Play” signs to warn drivers of the obese children playing in the street. In Argentina there are similar signs, only they warn of a fate other than hitting a child. They say “Niños Jugando” and the picture is a child kicking a soccer ball. These signs mean “Watch out! Some kid’s gonna smash your windshield with a ball!” At least the kids on the signs here seem to be more active than those in the States.

We have a baptismal date. Alexander Jessen. Sounds almost like Jason Alexander switched. He found that amusing. He’s nine years old. He is the son of a less-active member. I’ll probably be gone when he gets baptized. But that’s fine since I didn’t really teach him.

Transfers are this week. Elder Gonzalez was under the impression that I would be a District Leader in San Juan. But there was no call from the President, so that’s out. Senior Comp is in the works, though, I think. We both suspect that I am going back to my last area in San Juan, as there will be in influx of missionaries this week.

Apologies for the shortness, but I can’t think of what to say. The second councilor of the bishopric here looks just like the Scarecrow from Batman Begins. That’s kinda cool. The Bishop looks kinda like Mario. No other celebrity look-alikes I don’t think.

More news for sure next week.

Love,
Will