February 23, 2009

Can't think of a title

Hello.

It’s interesting to me that you told me about mission pictures and birthday requests, because I have some news that is related to both.

After doing divisions I found that my camera was missing. The following morning I found that two rechargeable AAA batteries were gone. One from inside my speakers. Clearly the thief thought that because my camera was slim it used the smallish AAA batteries. There are three suspects, two missionaries, one landlord who lives behind the house, steals electricity gas and water, and has separated the houses by a thin piece of cardboard. We suspect that he saw my camera when I was taking pictures of the moon, then dropped a little kid in through the bathroom window to get my camera when we were gone. This is plausible because of how some specifics were in the bathroom when we returned and the fact that only the camera and the batteries were missing. The thief left the battery charger from the camera and the cable, which was sitting right next to the camera itself. An adult wouldn’t have done that. So, I went to Zone Conference singing “She Came in Through the Bathroom Window.” But as for the birthday requests, I would like, if you can find it, my old orange junky camera. It’s decent and small and not that great. And it’s much cheaper than buying a new camera. Let me know what you think.

Also, I have now had two sessions with a chiropractor. It’s fun stuff. Especially for my companion who gets to watch. The best part about it: it’s free! One of the councilors of the mission is a chiropractor, so I just have to go into the offices because he has a massage table there. He would like your okay though, since I’m here on your money and stuff. It seems like it’s going to be a Monday (P-day) morning thing.

In my area there is pretty much every social class. There is Campo Papas where the people go to where the grocery stores dump their spoiled things so that they can have food. We don’t go there. There’s La Estansuela which is government housing for people without much money. There’s Obra Sanitaria and Barrio Mosconi which are pretty middle-class. Then there’s Palmares. I’ve never been inside the residencial part, so I’ll describe the mall. Picture Tyson’s Galleria but newer. That’s the shopping at Palmares. There’s a movie theater there, but I haven’t found it. There’s a Mac store, lots of expensive clothing stores, an outdoors store that sells maglites. The best thing there for me is a shoe store that is perfect for missionaries. They only have dress shoes, but some are pretty much dress shoes mixed with sneakers. This is good for me since my shoes just don’t hold up. In the left shoe of the shoes I got for Christmas from Grandma Sorensen there is a crack that is slowly growing. And the first pair of shoes I got in Argentina are pretty junky. But what can you do? Argentines just don’t make shoes for walking all day, every day.


Until next week,
Elder Budge

No comments: