June 15, 2009

Stake Conference!

Hey.

I had my letter all written, but lost it.

Stake conference for all Argentina was this weekend. The speakers were:

Elder Lynn G. Robbins (Speaking in Spanish)
President Russell T. Osguthourpe (Speaking in Spanish)
Elder M. Russell Ballard (Speaking in English with an interpreter in Spanish)
President Henry B. Eyring (English with Spanish overdub)

The most popular one was Elder Robbins, probably because he made reference to River and Boca, the two biggest (and rival) teams in Argentina. I really enjoyed hearing my old mission prep teacher (Osguthourpe) talk in Spanish.

I’m doing well. Getting to know my new area and the members. Not my favorite thing. I don’t really like the whole first couple of weeks in a new place.

I thought that maybe in Argentina I’d like Wal-Mart, I mean, that’s what happened with McDonald’s. I was wrong. It still sucks. It’s way expensive and there’s hardly any variety if you’re looking for a bargain.

Sorry for the shortness, I’m pretty much out of time. I had a longer one, but killed the computer. Sorry.

Love,
Will