April 19, 2010

Elder Budge - Cat Saver

So, this week has been fun. Fun things like saving a cat that was stuck up a tree. Unfortunately the old lady didn't want it. Don't know what happened to the poor cat.

Later in the week we were going to an appointment, but still had time. Some guy on a bike called us over and invited us into his house. He was clearly drunk. He went to the bathroom, came out, and pulled out a knife. He pointed it at me, spun it around so the handle faced me and said "want to look at my knife?" Then he gave us hot chocolate and some rolls. All in all not the funnest experience as we had no idea who he was. It turns out that as a kid he played soccer every week with the missionaries. It is a very good practice because then scary situations like this turn out fine, and we can go into dangerous neighborhoods just fine because the dangerous people have good memories of playing soccer with the missionaries as kids.

Not too much else going on. Thanks for the Jerusalem news. And I did get the package. I thought I had told you that, but I guess not. I got it and finished it about three weeks ago. Thanks.

Love,
Will


No comments: