July 29, 2008

Attack of the SCAVIES!!!!!

This week has been an eventful one. Firstly, one of the rooms in my Zone had an outbreak of a tropical ailment from the comfort of the MTC. They noticed weird rashes one day and found out that they were scavies. For those of you who don't know, I sure didn't know, scavies are bedbug-like insects that burrow into your skin to lay their eggs and die. It is sad that at the beginning they were treated like lepers. Shouts of "Unclean!" could be heard down the hall and jokes were made about them holding bells. But then they started treatment and everything was as normal. Those poor Elders had to dry clean all their clothes and have their room fumigated.

Now for the really exciting news of this week:

VISAS ARE MOVING AHEAD!!!!!!

The two districts in our Zone that are ahead of us and going to Mexico are very upset. District A for Awesome/Argentina had a meeting with the travel people today and they took our fingerprints for the visas. The Consollate is coming on August 12th, so things are looking very good for getting out of the MTC on time.

Now I reach the point where I can't think of what to write and the computer closes the window on me so I have to start all over again.

I hope that you all enjoy this blog. A small look into the most interesting bits of life at the MTC. Thank you for reading and for your support.

Elder Will Budge