July 16, 2008

On Legendary Foods, Temple Cleaning, Health, and Laundry

Greetings from the end of MTC week 4. Not too much exciting happening this week. But there have been some cool things.

After three and a half weeks of waiting, we were finally graced with a dinner of chicken cordon bleu. Mmmmmm.... so good...

My health has been improving. I'm almost through all my antibiotics, but I can't tell if it's been working because my ear never really bothered me. But the sinuses are doing better. It's down to mild-cold status.

This morning was pretty cool. My district had the opportunity to clean the Temple. We showed up at 8 this morning, and they let us in. They gave us these really sweet white scrubs to wear while we were cleaning. First thing they had Elder Roy and I do was wipe a new marble floor down with glass cleaner. Then we started on the windows of the entrance. Then we were sent to the back. There they had us work on digging out an old planter. Essentially, we were taking the dirt out of a 15-foot tall planter box. I'm still not sure how far the dirt went, we heard that it went all the way down. It wasn't too exciting, but I made it more fun by saying that we were digging a tunnel to Hell so that we could be better ready for the final battle at the end of the Millenium.

Not much else this week. My teacher, Hermano Pearson, comes back tomorrow. He's been gone for a couple weeks because he got married. In his place we had Hermano Gonzales. He's really cool. He's Chilean, so we got to ask him about the culture and idoms and things. He's really funny, too.

As for my schedule, not much is going on there. Wake up, eat, go to gym, shower, class, eat, class, eat, class, plan, sleep. That's most of my week right there. Sometimes gym and class are switched. Those days throw things off a little.

My zone does have one tradition. The night before anybody leaves we sing "Hasta Ver", or "God Be With You 'Till We Meet Again" in Spanish.

Ummm.... Not much else going on other than my continued frustration at the laundry. As of right now I have:

1 lost sock

Continued extra time on my darks washer

1 darks dryer that didn't dry them at all and I paid for twice

1 whites dryer that wouldn't start after I paid for it because the buttons were smashed in, but that somebody else got to start

We'll see what this weeks laundry casualties are this week in a few minutes.

Well, good luck to you all. Please keep writing, I'll keep replying.

Elder Budge